Jems values your right to privacy and appreciates the importance of your decision to share your personal information with us.
What information do we collect?
At Jems we collect only the information you provide directly to us through our Shopify website by signing up for our newsletter and/or when you make a purchase. We also may collect data from third-party providers, interactions on social media, cookies and analytics tools like Shopify, PayPal, Mailchimp, Google and Facebook. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 16 without parental consent. Our website is a general audience site and is not intended for use by children.
We need to collect personal information in order to provide the products and services you request. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with these products and services. Types of information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number
- Payment information, such as credit card number, bank card numbers, cheque and other payment details
- Order and refund history
- Demographic information, such as age, estimated income, household information and occupation
- Information about your interests, preferences, and purchase history
- Opinions, complaints, surveys and product feedback that you provide to us or our partners
- As part of processing a return you may be asked to provide government issued identification numbers, such as social security number, national identification number, and/or driver’s license number
- Information may be collected from you if you interact with us on social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Device and browser information including location information, MAC addresses, IP addresses, Cookies and other online identifiers
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information for our business operations. This may include emails regarding your orders, and to administer promotional or marketing emails and newsletter (if you have opted-in). We often use the information we collect for multiple purposes. For example, if you make a purchase on our Shopify site, we may collect several types of data from you and use it in multiple ways, including using your shipping address to make sure that our products arrive at your door. We may also use your contact information to send you a receipt of purchase. We may look at your experience on our website to make improvements to it and try to tailor it to your needs. We will also analyze the data you provide us and your behavior on our website to ensure that the activity is not fraudulent. Finally, we use your purchase information for other business-related purposes like accounting and financial reporting.
We may also combine information we collect from you with information we obtain from other sources.
We often obtain your consent to use your information. But sometimes, obtaining your consent is not needed because we may use your information for our own legitimate interests, to fulfill a contract with you, or to comply with legal obligations imposed on us. For example, when you make purchases online, we process your information to fulfill our contractual obligations. When you visit our websites, we have a legitimate interest in using your browsing data to improve our site’s usability, and when you engage with us online, we have a legal obligation to ensure that you are not attempting to defraud, us or our customers.
How do we protect your information?
Do we disclose information we collect to outside parties?
We do not disclose your personal information with the exception of our business partners as necessary including website operators, distribution and shipping etc. Our partners are also required to keep this information confidential. We may disclose your information if required by law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide the service to you or as needed to fulfill our own obligations, such as preventing fraud, meeting regulatory requirements, resolving disputes, improving our services or maintaining security, and in each case, as consistent with applicable law. We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
Can you opt-out, remove or modify information you provide?
Through your Shopify account you may change your personal information. All of our newsletter communications include an “unsubscribe” option. If you wish to be removed from our customer history and/or have your personal data deleted, or have any privacy questions or concerns, please be in touch.
You have the right to make requests regarding your personal information. You can:
- Review the personal information we have about you or request a copy of it
- Ask us to update or correct personal information if it is inaccurate
- Request that we delete your personal information
- Opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties for some purposes, including sharing that may be defined as sale under applicable laws
- Object to certain types of uses of your personal information
- Make choices about receiving email marketing
- Tell us which cookies you want us to use when you shop online by clicking on the “AdChoices” on our Canadian website
These rights vary depending on where you reside. But we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request, even if your country or state does not require us to do so. If you ask us to delete or stop using your personal information, we may not be able to honor that request if the information is required to process your payments or returns, fulfill your order, or comply with tax, audit or regulatory requirements.
To make choices about receiving promotional communications, to update or change personal information or to place an order, or for any other inquiries, you can contact customer support at:
213 Sterling Road